Saturday, December 28, 2013

Book Talk and Interactive Journals

Happy Holidays!!! What a week it has been! Since school ended last Friday I have been down to New Orleans for my Aunt Margie’s 90th Birthday party, celebrated Christmas with my family in Memphis, and will soon be heading back to Nashville tomorrow morning.

On our way back from New Orleans I had time to read a WHOLE book! HEAVEN! If you love historical fiction you must read Sarah Jio’s novels. I love her books because they pull you in quickly and are relatively quick reads. I read all of Blackberry Winter on the five hour drive home. I love how her books move between the different time periods. The ends of her stories always end with tears in my eyes and a smile on my face. Beautiful.


Speaking of books, I am hoping to turn one of my spare bedrooms into a library this coming year. And what could make a better table top read than this beauty from Anthropologie! My dad bought me The Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Andersen for Christmas. The illustrations by Isabelle Brent are GORGEOUS, and I’m looking forward to brushing up on my fairy tale knowledge.


On another note, is anyone else starting their back-to-school planning? I must admit that I have not done as much as I would have liked, but I am looking forward to seeing my sweet students soon. I am so looking forward to January and starting a study on Polar Animals! This was one of my FAVORITES last year. I think I learned just as much as my kids. One new addition will be some polar bear and penguin themed supplements that I created for our interactive literacy notebooks. I can’t wait to implement these into our study this winter!





My kids are loving interactive notebooks, and I am too! We are doing Math and Reading notebooks right now, but I'd love to do a science notebook as well next year. Here are some resources I am either using or would like to be using in my classroom. Click on the picture to check them out!






Are you using interactive notebooks in your classroom? What has your experience been? What resources are you using?





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips