Monday, June 30, 2014

Falling In Love With Breakfast Tacos (And Other June Fancies)

Oh my goodness! I can't believe that it is the LAST day in June, but what an amazing month it has been. I am excited to share the moments and things that I have fancied this month!

1. ROAD TRIPS: I had a wonderful trip to Florida with my girlfriends filled with sunbathing, bike riding, sunsets, and lots of laughter. This beautiful sunset was in Watercolor, Florida. I also have to brag that the very friendly Greg Kinnear took our picture on this beautiful bridge. Of course we realized this as he rode away on his bicycle into the sunset.


2. AUSTIN, TEXAS (i.e. BREAKFAST TACOS): I went to Austin for the very first time and discovered that it was very similar to Nashville, except that it had more restaurants and less churches. It might have been a teeny bit hotter as well. My favorite were the breakfast tacos. I could definitely get used to eating those every day. I was only there for three days, but Tacodeli was my favorite while I was there. Their "Jess Special" taco was delicious, and I was loving that they served local handcrafted beverages by Maine Root.



3. MINDY KALING: Y'all. If you've watched my pretend best friend's tv show, The Mindy Project, then you already know that Mindy Kaling is hilarious. If you need a laughter fix until the new season starts up, then reading her book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) is a must read. The book is made up of short essays, so it is easy to read bits and pieces at your convenience. I will be posting my next What I Read blog in a few days, so you will most likely see this one again!



4. GREEN ORANGE DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIES: So the last two months I have been eating smoothies most mornings (minus vacations and the tempting breakfast tacos in Austin), and this Green Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie recipe from Oh My Veggies is my new favorite. I altered it a little bit to fit my personal taste (I add 1/2 frozen banana to add creaminess and a few drops of vanilla extract). Trust me: this will be your new favorite dessert this summer.


5. KITTENS: Even if you are not a cat person, who can not love a kitten? I brought my sweet little kitten, Percy, home this month. She is cute, sweet, and very entertaining. Not to mention she is always putting a smile on my face. Love her!



6. HOLLAND MARIE: My feisty and talented friend, Holland, has released her first EP and it does NOT dissappoint. Her album DR. Radio is like Miranda Lambert's music in the sense that as you are listening you realize that EVERY SINGLE SONG IS FANTASTIC. It has quickly become my favorite country album of summer. You should probably head over to ITunes and have a listen. And the best part for all of you Music City locals is that she plays frequently at local music venues such as The Stage and Crossroads. Happy Listening!



I am sure I could go on, and on, and on...but alas it is time to head to the gym. Mama would be proud.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips