Sunday, December 14, 2014

'Tis a Tender Tennessee Christmas

Y'all! I love the Christmas season! The lights twinkling everywhere, curling up by the fireplace, warm sweaters and gloves....the list could go on and on. This Christmas is no different.

So far this holiday season has been filled with lots of fun events. Last weekend I had the honor of riding in the Bartlett Christmas Parade with my dad. In my 31 years of life, I have never been in a parade, so this was a first! Once I was back in Nashville, I decorated my Christmas tree. It is Percy's first Christmas. I'm not sure she knows what to think about the lights.


I might have spent far too much money at Target decorating my house this year, but who can resist these adorable holiday themed applique pillows?


Yesterday I went to one of the most fun holiday events that I have experienced. If you live in the Nashville area, it is a MUST for next year. Downtown Franklin puts on an annual event called Dickens of a Christmas. There are costumed characters from Dickens' stories walking along the streets and caroling, fake snow falling, the smell of chestnuts roasting over an open fire, and a town sing-a-long in the town square. I felt like I had taken a step back in time.... it was literally a Christmas miracle.


Additionally, it was a great day to do a little bit of Christmas shopping and get some holiday inspiration. My friends and I had to stop at a local favorite, Lulu, to get some holiday decorating inspiration. It did not disappoint. From the Christmas tree with the burlap bows to quotable book art, this trip did not disappoint. I'm not going to lie....Lulu's is not cheap, but it is a GREAT place to get some DIY ideas.


I could blog all day about Christmas, but alas it is time to get ready for our Bible Study Christmas party! Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips