Saturday, March 14, 2015

Honey Banana & Papaya Smoothie Bowl

Oh. My. Goodness! Smoothie bowls, I have just discovered you and don't ever want to give you up! As many of you know I have been working on incorporating more clean foods into my diet. This has been going well, but I definitely still struggle with sweets. I had my first smoothie bowls about a week ago, and have made several more at home since then. I can honestly say they are delicious, healthy, and curb my cravings for sweets.

Last week I had my first experience over at Fit Food Revolution in Green Hills. The Strawberry-Banana Protein Bowl is to die for. Please take note of the healthy chocolate magic shell drizzle on top. Yum! I ate this around 4:00. I was surprised by the amount of energy I had that evening and how I didn't want to eat for the rest of the night.


The energy was incredible, so I decided to experiment and concoct a few of my own bowls at home in my handy-dandy Vitamix. Today I might have met perfection in a bowl. Meet the Honey Banana & Papaya Smoothie Bowl. It tastes like a Hawaiian summer vacation. I was inspired by a post I read over on Kimberly Snyder's blog where she describes papaya's skin beautifying benefits. And who doesn't want pretty skin?


I have included approximate portions of the ingredients below. It's pretty flexible, so just add more or less of the things that you like!

Ingredients:

For the smoothie:

3/4 of a frozen banana
1/2 cup of chopped papaya
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon of shredded coconut

Topping Ideas:

shredded coconut
sliced banana
honey drizzle
granola (I used KIND Oats & Honey Clusters with Toasted Coconut)

Directions:
Place smoothie ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and load it up with your favorite toppings!


Mmmmmmmmmm! is all I have to say! Let me know your thoughts or variations that you try!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips