Thursday, June 18, 2015

Eating (Mostly!) Clean on the Road

Hey y'all!!! My dad and I are heading out west! I'm so excited I can barely contain myself. I have had several people ask me to keep them updated and to try and blog throughout the trip, so I am going to try my very best to update as often as I can! We left yesterday morning from Memphis and are currently in Austin, Texas. I came to Austin last summer for the first time, and I am so happy to be back and visiting with our fabulous hosts, Jeremy and Jarrett.


One thing that I have been the MOST nervous about is staying on track with my food and fitness on the road. I snuck some weights and resistance band in the back of the car, wondering if they will actually see the light of day. Lucky for me, Jeremy invited to his boot camp this morning. Yep. That kicked my butt. Thanks, Synergy Fitness, for allowing me to eat more breakfast tacos. Kidding. But, seriously....

I have splurged on some delicious Tex-Mex and BBQ so far down here, which I am sure that I will do at times on this trip, but I was DETERMINED not to stop anywhere on the road for snacks, lunch, etc. In an effort to be prepared, I did what any foodie would do. Peruse Pinterest. Read blogs. Stalk everyone else's social media pages. So, thank you, you clean-eating gurus for your tips and tricks for the road. This is NOT perfect, because I'm not perfect. But definitely better choices than I might have made a year ago. Here is what I ended up with.:



If you have any questions about any of the items in the picture, just ask! I will TRY to write about our time here in Texas later today or tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips